My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Doodlebug Sketch Challenge

 I made a card for the Doodlebug sketch challenge in March awhile back but I wanted to do a layout as well and finally found some time today to work on it. I have realized that I really do not have many quality photos of my husband and I. I tend to take pictures of us with my arm outstretched so they end up being close ups of our goofy faces. One of my goals this year is to use my tri-pod and get some good shots of the two of us together.

 This line was called Coldspell from a few years ago but I love snowflakes so it is still one of my favorite lines from Doodlebug. I used a snowflake Doodle Pop layered on top of a plastic diecut snowflake. 

 I used stickers from this line for the title and added a swirl and some snowflakes to add something extra to the title.

Following the sketch I added a snowflake sticker at the top right corner as well. The visual triangle on the page are the snowflakes and the title so that they eyes are drawn around the page. I also learned this weekend at Crop & Create that a little touch of black anchors the page so my journaling is in black. Apparently that is a rule in house design as well- who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment