My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Monday 9 July 2012

Birthday Cards

 My nephew will be one years old at the end of July so I made this cute card using my Circut machine and the cartridge Birthday Bash. I used some Doodlebug paper and some Bazzill cardstock. I used stickles on the phrase to highlight it.


This card was pretty easy to make. I was flipping through the new Card Creations magazine and saw a card that used black and white in this simple fashion. I did change it up a bit by adding a flower sticker instead of a bow. I pop dotted the sticker as well to add dimension. I added a tiny clear bling to the flower in the Cute Cut which is hard to see in this picture. Can you see my ribbon mistake? Ok, so I am definitely not perfect and I forgot to cut the card so the ribbon went all the way to the end after I made the mistake of cutting my ribbon too short for the card! I will do that before I give it to someone though. I have been told there are no mistakes in scrapping- only opportunities to be creative!!!! So next time you make a mistake, don't worry too much- just look for a way to make it a creative opportunity! :)

This is my cat Taz and he is a ball of mischief! He likes to play, especially when the other cats do not want to join in. It has been so hot outside that he does not even come to the door. He likes to stay cool in the air conditioning I guess and who can blame him!!!! It is smoking hot here!

No comments:

Post a Comment