My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Mini Album

 I made this whole album by hand- crazy right! Well, crazy because they come already made and the process here was not the easiest! I used poster board and cut it in long strips. I then scored it in three to make one page. Then I glued three of the long strips together to make an album that folds out. I made it awhile ago otherwise I would have showed the process here. I just added pictures and a few rub-ons so that I could share a project I have not shown before. I do actually create a number of mini albums but never put pictures in them. I decided I needed to change that!

 In my X-L stash of scrap stuff I have lots of random embellishments that I have lumped together- like pieces of ribbon and paper flowers or even buttons so it is hard to say which company it came from. My staples are buttons, ribbons, bling, stickles, and rub-ons or stickers. This album is kind of a mish-mosh of all of that stuff!

 I used Doodlebug letter stickers and borders on many of the pages. The quotes are from KaiserKraft.

 The paper is from Doodlebug, DaisyBucket, and Bazzill. I am a bright colour person. I find it difficult to use "vintage" like papers since my photos are not old and often have vibrant colours in them.

 On the outer page here in orange and yellow I made it into another flap that lifts up (seen below).

 My husband and I have had so many adventures. I can honestly say our life is not dull! These pictures are a few highlights of our special times.

 On the green side of this page I made a pocket and a large tag that pulls out to show the picture.

 So I did not really go over the top and use a ton of product to jazz it up. I actually did not want a whole lot of bulk since it does not have a flexible spine. It is just a cute, quick little album to have that captures some highlights of life!

                           And the backside of this album was just a few of the leftover strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment