My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Check out the Halloween mullet!!!

 Okay, so when I was a kid Halloween was NOT about store bought costumes- it was all about making up your own cool costume using whatever odds and ends from home. In the 80's, it was super cool to be a punk rocker for Halloween and for some reason I had a mullet! So that is what I was...(I am in the back row with the awesome white sunglasses!) The trend back then was also that hair dye in a spray can. It was my Halloween staple for a few years! And I loved that it would stay in for a few days so I had coloured hair when I went to school the next day! My sister and I would easily get 2 pillowcases full of candy every Halloween! Our neighbours were people we knew and trusted so getting candy apples and popcorn balls was a huge treat and not something we had to worry about. I have so many wonderful memories of Trick-or-Treating with my dad and my sister! No wonder it is one of my favorite times of the year!!!

I used Doodlebug products for this layout. This year's collection: Haunted Manor is so cute! The title and the bat are from last year's collection. I used an EK Success border punch on the black strips by the photo and the striped strips. I made faux stitching on the orange paper using a Sharpie.
                                                                        Fun times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment