My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Christmas Cards!

 I am trying to find my signature Christmas card for this year and I am having no luck! Every year I come up with an idea for a card that is easy to replicate so I can make a mass of them to hand out. These cards are a few that I have used in the past. This stocking was made using a die and embossing set from Sissex that came out last year. I added some stickles to the Merry and added a gold rick rack ribbon and I had a simple but cute card.

 For this card I used a scallop Spellbinders nestibilities die on aqua paper and white cardstock. Many years ago, Doodlebug came out with a set of 4 Cuttlebug die cuts that included this snowman and the trees. I added stickles to the snow, the buttons on the snowman, and I added stars to the trees. I used a Sharpie to colour in the arms and the eyes on the snowman. So cute and easy to replicate!

I used my Cricut and the cartridge Three Birds On Parade for this card. I used a Spellbinders nestibility to make the shape "Label 1". I embossed the background using a Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder. I die cut the bird and title using the Cricut machine. I added some fake snow to the hat, scarf, and boots which I purchased at Micheals. I used Ranger black pearls for the eyes. The Cricut machine allowed me to make many birds at the same time so I could replicate this card over and over fairly quickly.

Apparently Christmas is 11 weeks away so it is time to start thinking about making those cards!!! I hope you have found some inspiration to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment