My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Sunday 23 December 2012

Back With More Christmas Ideas!

 So I am WAY behind on Christmas stuff! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I am not done shopping, wrapping, or baking. I tell myself that some how, some way, it will all get done. At least I finished my cards!!! This card was a variation on the one I posted earlier. I bought the snowflake border from Memory Box and created this card. I used the same silver papers and again, embossed the sentiment. A pretty simple card but easy to mass produce!

 I got this idea from the Doodlebug website but altered it to make it my own. I used a Doodlebug mini card and ripped off the bottom of one side. I glued Doodlebug paper to the back. I cut some black paper to make the belt and yellow glitter Doodlebug paper to make the buckle, which was punched using squares punches. I added a tag which I stamped and added a strip of Doodlebug patterened paper. I also added some Doodle twine. I glued the sides of the card to make a pocket for the tag.
                      The stamp is from Technique Tuesday and I used silver ColorBox ink.

 Need an ornament idea? I bought these big bottle caps from Archiver's by Maya Road. I added Doodlebug paper to the background. I pop dotted one layer of the white glitter paper. I tucked in the mini Doodle Pop snowmen and a tree and viola! I stickled the heart on the tree. I used my Big Bite to punch a hole in the top and added silver ribbon to hang it on my tree!

                                     This one is the same but it does not have a tree.

 I made this ornament last year with Doodlebug paper and a snowman sticker. I added glitter to the tin so when you shake it, it is like a snowstorm. Very glittery!

 At Michael's you can buy glass balls for do-it-yourself decorating. This is probably the easiest ornament in the world to make. I cut some garland and stuffed it into the ball. I added gold ribbon to the top and that is it! When it catches the lights of the tree it shimmers and actually looks quite elegant, I think.

There was a layout on the Bella Blvd. Blog that had pictures taken in an ornamnet. I loved this idea and decided to try it myself! This is such a cute Christmas picture!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!! Remember to enjoy time with family and loved ones this holiday- it is not about the gifts, baking, wrapping, dinners, etc. It is memories made with those who matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment