My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Saturday 30 March 2013

Happy Easter Treats

 I am loving this long weekend! It is so nice to have an extra break and 3 dinners to boot! I made these cute carrot treat bags for our nieces and nephews as a special Easter treat. I filled the carrots with chocolates and eggs. It is a very easy project to create. I cut 12x12 orange cardstock into 6x6 squares. I rolled the square into a tube and attached the ends with tape. I folded in the bottom and glued it together. I put in the chocolates and then sealed the top, adding green fringed paper as I sealed it. The top and bottom are sealed in opposite directions so that the top has a flat side with a pointy bottom. I used Martha Stewart fringe scissors to make the fringe. Handy tool!

 I used Bella Blvd's Spring Flings and Easter Things to add an Easter picture to my tag. I also curled some of the fringe with a pencil. Pretty simple but since the kids will be ripping them open I did not want to get too fancy. You could certainly dress them up for dinner favors and add more embellishments.
Here is my Easter centerpiece- aren't tulips such a happy spring flower!!! I filled a round vase with plastic eggs. The tulips are in a smaller vase in the middle of the round vase. Happy Easter and happy feasting at those family dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment