My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Monday 22 April 2013

Heart Decor and a message!

 At Crop & Create we made this paper mache heart in Beth Kingston's class. I finished it off by misting it with a watered down blue Smooch ink and then glittering it with Vanilla Smooch ink. I added a Maya Road tule flower, a Pink Paisley butterfly, a Prima pearl swirl, a piece of ribbon glued to the original chord to hang it, and a little flower cut from Maya Road ribbon.

 Here is a closer look......I think it is so pretty and very different from my typical scrapping style.
I have not been very creative these days- very pregnant at this point and ready to burst!

On the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog there was a link to a blog that had the most amazing message for all of us photography/scrappy lovers out there (and to be honest- probably most women!). Check out this link:
http://myfriendteresablog.com/so-youre-feeling-too-fat-to-be-photographed/

The message brought tears to my eyes. How many of us are avoiding the lens, and thus avoiding capturing precious memories because of our personal perceptions of our bodies???? The author is right- we can't get those memories back so it is time to own it and step in front of those cameras!!! Plus, when you look back, you always think "Damn, I looked good back then and I thought I was too fat!"

Here is a sign of spring despite all the snow still on the ground.......The Rhubarb knows it is time!

No comments:

Post a Comment