My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Saturday 13 July 2013

More Cards!!!

 I am back again! I am lucking out with my card making. I can make them pretty quickly in between nap time for my babe, at least when I have some inspiration. My layouts are not happening but at least I am creating something.

I got the sentiment idea from a feature in the summer issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today. I changed the card but I loved the idea of a crab and the play on words- too funny! I made the crab using my Cricut machine and the cartridge Pack Your Bags. The letter stickers are Jillibean Soup and the paper is Pebbles Inc. and LillyBee Designs.

Below is my sentiment inside.

 
I miss dry embossing. I love the look of it on cards. It is a trend that was hot for awhile and has sort of faded away. At least where I am from- the stores stopped selling the templates. But I have many of them and I pulled out this one for an anniversary card. The template is from Lasting Impressions and the company is still around. Their blog has some good card ideas with dry embossing if you are interested. I also used Lasting Impressions paper for this card since it has a white core and can be sanded. I pop dotted the lime green pear and I added some twine. Pretty simple but very cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment