My Scrapbooking Cat

My Scrapbooking Cat
ready for scrappin' action

Monday 13 January 2014

Goodbye to a Dear Scrapping Friend

 The end of 2013 was actually marked by two deaths in my life. My friend Carole passed away and a family member passed away, both right at Christmas. I wanted to acknowledge how much Carole meant to me with a layout in her honour. She was a scrapbooking friend and I will think of her everytime I go to the store where we first met. She will be greatly missed.

I used a mixture of older Doodlebug products on this layout. The woodgrain paper is from Flower Box and the scalloped paper is from Ladybug Garden. The sentiment is a rub-on from Doodlebug, as are the embellishments.

                                          
                                               This tag pulls out to reveal some journaling.

 On the back I typed out my thoughts about our friendship and made it into a pocket to store the card from the funeral.

 I made a layout of my son using paper from an old line called Jolly By Golly by Cosmo Cricket. I still really like this line- one of the best from them in my opinion!

 This picture reveals a tag that I added a rub-on to. My love for rub-ons will never go away! If vellum can make a comeback then I can hope rub-ons will too!

 I also added a rub-on to the picture in a space that was blank, or not part of the focal point of the picture. It is all Cosmo Cricket except the sprinkles, which are Doodlebug. I should mention that I added fake snow to the tree which added some dimension and I added stickles to the gift. The bird and snowman head are pop-dotted, all hard to see in the photos.

Ok, this one is just for fun. We had my son Baptized on Sunday and we ordered a cake to serve. Guess we should have checked it before taking it home......can you spot the error? I am a teacher and this just makes me cringe- what happened to spelling skills!!!!!! Maybe this is one for Ellen!

No comments:

Post a Comment